Planning for Success: Goal-Setting for Artists
Back by popular demand, the Annenberg Space for Photography welcomes art advisor and arts-career consultant A. McLean Emenegger to lead this informative practical workshop for professional to aspiring professional artists across all mediums, not just photographers. Attendees of this master class can expect:
- Guidance on identifying, developing and establishing career goals to bring clarity, intention and focus to an art practice.
- Advice on how to break down goals into manageable work steps and tasks to achieve career intentions.
- Tips for assessing the best audience for actualizing goals.
- Direction on how to develop the groundwork for creating a marketing plan in tandem with goals to reach the desired audience.
- Hands-on, interactive breaking down of a goal into action steps that are relevant to artists across all mediums, not just photographers.
Also included in the workshop is a demonstration of real-world experience in goal-setting and a discussion with award-winning installation artist Dani Dodge.
A. McLean Emenegger has been an active leader in the Los Angeles artistic community since 1997. She began her career in the development department of the Santa Monica Museum of Art (now the Institute of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles). From 1999-2004, she served as Executive Director of the nonprofit organization for visual artists Gallery 825/Los Angeles Art Association (LAAA...