Planning for Success: The Business of Art
Art is a business – to attain your career goals, you must combine common sense and professional savvy. Figure out where you fit into the art world and get help making specific plans for getting yourself there with this information-packed, half-day workshop presented by A. McLean Emenegger, an art advisor and career consultant for artists.
This class will teach you the concepts you’ll need to take the next step in your career.
- Identifying your aspirations: What is your art? What type of artist do you want to be? What do you want your art to do in the world?
- Taking personal and professional inventory, also defining what “success” means to you
- Becoming grounded in your art’s meaning, message and aim, in order to guide the development of your promotion and exhibition
- Audience identification
- Effective marketing and messaging practices
- The “art of presentation,” to best address your intended audience
- Using social media to reach and expand your audience base
A. McLean Emenegger has been an active leader in the Los Angeles artistic community since 1997. She began her career in the development department of the Santa Monica Museum of Art (now the Institute of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles). From 1999-2004, she served as Executive Director of the nonprofit organization for visual artists…
Los Angeles, CA 90067